Re: Some differences between Gtk and Gtk2

Dov Grobgeld <dov imagic weizmann ac il> writes:

1. Creation of new widgets and setting of their properties. In Gtk
   you can create a widget and set their properties in one call.

[...]

2. The signal::event property:

These are simply not implemented. The reason is that probably not
one had a use for it. As for me, I don't like this way of
creating objects (probably because I'm not familiar with them,
and that I've seen no code example using that style yet).

3. The event->type names

   This should probably be considered a bug. The type names in Gtk are
   with underlines and in Gtk2 with minus characters. Btw, I liked having

Hum, the "type" field of events has no string substitutions, to
my knowledge..

   base types as hashes, as it meant you could easily print its "keys" to

gtk2 perl wrapper objects not as hashes is Goran's decision :).

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/