Help me for TextWidget

Hi
I am trying to display text retrieved from postgres
tables in GtkText Widget. Firstly I am selecting my
options from Check-box list For example we have many
branches located in different locations I'll select
few branches from Check-Boxes. depending on the
selection I'll pass that condition to my database i.e
postgres and get data from tables and display the data
in textwidget.
my problem is first time the data is bieng displayed
correctly but if I close the textwidget with close
button  and again select new branches The previous
data is not being erased. How can i clear the data in
textwidget and display newly selected data after
pressing close button in textwidget
Kindly help me
Thanking you
regards