hideing elements of the gtktreemodel

Hi!

I would like to hide some elements in the gtkmodel from gtktreeview.
These elements are children of a node. I tried to add a column in the
model, with a bool value (0 at the node, which children i want to
hide, and the childrens also), and assigned it to the is_expander
property of the proper columns renderer, but the rows stayed expandable.

What are the possibilities of showing just a part of the model, not the
whole one?

--
doome