Re: Gnome2::Print binding

On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 00:19, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
Hi all,

Using muppet's excellent binding howto, I've been toying around in order
to get a working binding for libgnomeprint(ui), and it seems that I've
just god some luck. :-)

I said "toying around" since I'm no XS-expert, and my code will need
some "peer review" (just being optimistic: probably, you're going to
LART me with a big stick :-)).

I've been able to port the gnomeprint example from PyGNOME under
gtk2perl, but there are still some functions that need to be bound, so
I'm going to work on them within this week. As a sample, here's a patch
against the current CVS.

And remember: do not beat me too hard. ;-)

+++

BTW: Seems to me that there's some black magic at work, inside
libgnomeprint. gperl complains loudly that there are some missing types
(e.g.: "GnomePrintPdf", "GnomePrintMeta") all subtypes of
GnomePrintContext; unfortunately, they are not defined inside the header
files, so I'll need to download the complet source tarball of
libgnomeprint, unless there's some obvious method to wrap them and that
I do not know. :-)

Kind regards,
 Emmanuele.

looks pretty good. i just got it to compile and run fine. one of the
tests is spewing warnings (don't know if they're issues or not) and
another is blocking waiting for user interaction.

good work. i'll take a deeper look at it tonight.

where there any places where you found the (gtk2-perl-xs) documentation
lacking, confusing, etc. feedback appreciated.

-rm