Re: yap - Gnome2::About

On 18 Apr 2003, muppet wrote:

On Thu, 2003-04-17 at 17:58, Chas Owens wrote:
I have stolen some code from Gtk-Perl, cleaned it up (NULL instead of 0,
const gchar** instead of char**, etc.), and modified it to match the new
arguments for Gnome2::About.

sweet!  thanks!

applied, with some changes:  you need the PREINIT section for declaring
C stack variables.  this XS gets compiled by a C compiler, not a C++
compiler, so you can't just declare variables anywhere!  the PREINIT
section gets inserted into the generated code at the top of the block,
before the section where the perl stack variables are converted for you.

Too much Perl coding and not enough C; I haven't done any lengthy C code
in probably two years.  Good to know about the PREINIT, I was wondering
why it was there (it isn't in the Gtk-Perl-0.7008 code).  I know very
little about XS, but I am running

pod2text perlxs    | a2ps
pod2text perlxstut | a2ps
pod2text perlguts  | a2ps

today before my 1.5 hour drive home tonight so I will get lots of
stoplight reading done.  Are there any other docs I should read?

(added the extra free, too)

--
muppet <scott asofyet org>