Re: Gtk::perl documentation?

i apologize if i'm stating the obvious, but gtk-perl follows so closely with
gtk c that anything that claims to be a reference/tutorial for gtk c should
almost exactly apply to gtk-perl. with the appropriate changes:
gtk_window_get_title( GTK_WINDOW(win) ); becomes-> $win->get_title;

Oh no need to apologize; I wasn't clear, and thanks for the hints. I map
C to perl OK (with occasional screwups :-) but I find a lot of things
don't map, or the transformations aren't obvious to me, eg.
gtk_button_new_with_mnemonic() maps to... what? not
'Gtk::Button_with_mnemonic-> new' or other variations I've tried.

But that's only part of it; for example I coded my menus explicitly,
then later stumble upon GtkItemFactory, which appears like it might be
some higher-level (and smarter) way to assemble menus. I found
references to *_STOCK_* items the same way; those look easy to
implement, the reference may be adequate here, but the mere existence of
these things is the mystery. Obviously knowing available structural
models up front would beat reading a reference in alpha order.

I don't mean to complain; the code is great. I was mainly wondering

 * Does everyone have this problem, or just me?
 * How do I resolve it?

It probably means books along the lines of the O'Reilly 'Learning FOO'
and 'Programming FOO' series would be popular. Gtk is clearly one of the
best solutions around, if only I could find the solutions!

I did just order 'Linux GNOME/GTK+ bible'. I'll RTFM and see what
happens next. It seems awfully thick... (eg. "I would have written you a
shorter letter, but I did not have the time -- BLAISE PASCAL")

Thanks again for replying!

tomj