Re: Transparent window
- From: Alexander Gottwald <alexander gottwald informatik tu-chemnitz de>
- To: Jonathan Gotti <nathan mandrakesoft com>
- Cc: gtk-perl-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Transparent window
- Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 17:26:01 +0200 (CEST)
On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Jonathan Gotti wrote:
I'm looking for documentation or help on how to make
a transparent window like you can have in most terminal
like (eterm aterm ...) or in Xchat for example.
Those windows are not transparent. They only use the background
of the root-window as their own background.
So if somenone can give me a trick or a documentation reference
i'd be really happy
Hm, xwd does simthing similar. Maybe XGetImage and XPutImage
can help you. Otherwise check the sources of Xchat an aterm.
I'm quite sure there are also equivalent functions for
XGetImage and XPutImage in gdk.
Alexander Gottwald informatik tu-chemnitz de
http://www.gotti.org ICQ: 126018723
] [Thread Prev