Re: Transparent window

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Jonathan Gotti wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking  for documentation or help on how to make
a transparent window like you can have in most terminal
like (eterm aterm ...) or in Xchat for example.

Those windows are not transparent. They only use the background
of the root-window as their own background.

So if somenone can give me a trick or a documentation reference
i'd be really happy

Hm, xwd does simthing similar. Maybe XGetImage and XPutImage
can help you. Otherwise check the sources of Xchat an aterm.
I'm quite sure there are also equivalent functions for
XGetImage and XPutImage in gdk.

bye
        ago
--
 Alexander Gottwald informatik tu-chemnitz de
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723