Retaining thumbnails generated with Gtk::Gdk::Pixbuf

I have read in a PNG and converted it to a pixmap of type Gtk::Gdk::Pixmap. Now I would like to retain the resized image and am having no luck finding my answer..

Is there a way to get the generated pixmap data so that I may retain it, either in another file, or possibly via something like the Storeable module? The later being the preffered method.

I would like to save off the hash structure that I store it in and reload it at will w/o the trouble of reopening every thumbnail file directly. I'm talking about a few 100 to a few thousand files.

The thumbnails are used within a clist. If anyone has a better idea, I'd sure like to hear it! (The thumbnails are essential though.. It would be extremely cool to delay the thumbnail load until the actual row is actually visible, but I'd settle for not having to regenerate them every execution.) 8)

I am fairly new to Gtk programming, so I appologize if this has an obvious answer.. I have looked through the samples and documentation to no avail. I just saw that there were gtk2 bindings started, so I'll check that out, but I'm guessing that it'll be a bit premature. The app is fairly simple though, so I'll try. (window, scrollwindow, clist, checkbox, input, vbox, hbox, image.. Im guessing these are the most popular though so maybe I'm in luck) 8)

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
SMF 8)

Do you Yahoo!?