Re: relase plan, 1st draft

Goran Thyni wrote:

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 05:21:39AM +0000, Dermot Musgrove wrote:

Christian Borup wrote:
>Adding the "use" to gtk2_perl_new_object is a much better idea. Handling
>this type of thing by hand is bound to fail...

[...]
Another little problem with intercepting calls to constructors is that
the 'Usage' messages generated in the XS become meaningless as they
refer to Gtk2::Dialog::_new() or suchlike and will mislead programmers.

Guillaume implemented this too,
and it is now in CVS.

I think I will roll a v0.02 prealpha release this weekend if
we don't break things too horribly before that :-)

Is there a reason for the package to be called 'Gtk2' rather than
'Gtk2-Perl'? I don't think that it is very important but perhaps people
might look for 'Gtk2-Perl' or 'Gtk-Perl2' or even 'Gtk-Perl-Two'.

I have pretty much completed Glade-Perl-Two and I will release it at soon
as there is a version of Gtk2(-Perl) available on CPAN or sourceforge.

It will generate code for all the gtk2 widgets that Glade-2 knows about

Regards, Dermot