Help!!!!!

Title: Nachricht
I'm a newbe in unix and i desperate try to install the gimp-perl interface.

Installation is RedHat 8.0 with all its delivered Software (Gimp 1.2.3 / Gtk etc)

Down if i download the gimp-perl from www.gimpperl.org and i try to install it (running "perl Makefile.PL && make"). I got the error, that it seems, that the makefile is generating output to the wrong place (e.g. *.o which should be in Gtk/xs/*.o are not there but in Gtk/*.o or files which should be in build/*.o are in Gtk/*.o) is there any parameter to eliminate this?

Next Problem is, that is not seem to see Gtkimlib (what's that?)

Please be patient with a Newbe

Greeting
Mike

PS: whould be nice, if somebody could directly e-mail me a suggestion, cause i'm desperate waiting

mailto: soehnlein pc-center ch