Re: relase plan, 1st draft

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 09:36:30AM +0100, Daniel Lacroix wrote:
Le lun 11/11/2002 à 23:12, Guillaume Cottenceau a écrit :
Also, we can maybe discuss the fact that Gtk2 needs many "use",
that is "use Gtk2", "use Gtk2::Window" etc.. Is it that good?
It's not very convenient tu use, and sometimes leads to error
message that users will find strange (when a function implicetely
returns a class type you don't use somewhere else).

Yes, it will be good to add use Gtk2::* in Gtk2.pm to avoid multilple
use Gtk2:: in the Perl scripts and to avoid strange error like I had
this weekend due to a missing use.

OK,
but we must try to be smart.
Application developers and users do not
want the start-up time we get if we load
each and every class regardsless if we need it or not.

I think this a 2 problems really,
* implicit class use = classes return from function calls
* a smart but effective way to use what we need, not more or less
  in fewer lines.

I submit these to the task manager,
but not for the first release.

/göran