Re: relase plan, 1st draft

Le lun 11/11/2002 à 23:12, Guillaume Cottenceau a écrit :
goran kirra net writes:

We could release a 0.02 any day I think.

Cool!

Yes, I think it's good time:

- we have many tutorial and misc examples

- we should have most commonly used widgets (I've just commited
  the missing TreeStore stuff)

I think this first pre-alpha, even if Inline has been more used
and is thus more reliable, should also be easily available with
only one .so, so that we can easily install and use it as a
binary package which goes fast.

Yes, it can be good but not easy to do.

Also, we can maybe discuss the fact that Gtk2 needs many "use",
that is "use Gtk2", "use Gtk2::Window" etc.. Is it that good?
It's not very convenient tu use, and sometimes leads to error
message that users will find strange (when a function implicetely
returns a class type you don't use somewhere else).

Yes, it will be good to add use Gtk2::* in Gtk2.pm to avoid multilple
use Gtk2:: in the Perl scripts and to avoid strange error like I had
this weekend due to a missing use.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/

Daniel Lacroix