Re: [gtk2-perl] new Inline 0.44 release

Goran Thyni <goran kirra net> writes:

Should we stay 0.43 compatible or
just hack away on what 0.44 gives us?

If BUILD_NOISY allows to show the compilation lines, I'm very
much in favor of this, because I needed to write a script to
"find" and "cat" all the "out.make" in the _Inline tree, to not
do it by hand each time... a bit of nonsense.

Also, while we're on the inline topic, I'd like to light the
following problems:

- it's slow when starting up, we need to use several different
  "use" to load up all the stuff, and I suppose having many
  different .so enlarges the memory footprint of the app; this is
  maybe solvable in Inline?

- what will be the needed work to release a package? for the
  release, we need:
  - an automated and full build process; compile-widgets is a bit
    of a hack, can it really guarantee that all is built?
  - installing the .so in the system-wide directories; how does
    that work?

Thanks,

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/