Re: The big UTF8 changeover...

Christian Borup <borup borup com> writes:

Anyway, my point was really just that if every bit of code does this
kind of thing itself. The codebase gets hard to manage.

No, we just need a couple of helper functions for those cases.

Same difference. Both keeps the code in one place.
Now that I figured out how typemaps work I tend to favor those. Because
they save me from having to do things by hand.

I didn't understand at first place that you suggested to use
typemaps to convert between undef and NULL for gchar*.

I find this idea very nice, if you may suggest a patch for that
I'd be in favor of using that, of course!

Also one typemap can handle mapping to and from many types, its not
nesesary to generate a typemap for every type.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/