Re: The big UTF8 changeover...

Christian Borup <borup borup com> writes:

Most of the times, I've used it when we want a gtk function to be
potentially called with NULL as a gchar* argument. Then, using
"undef" (testing for PL_sv_undef in the c file) is far more
elegant/perlish than using 0, IMHO.

So we let the typemap convert NULL to and from undef... Not a big deal,
really.

Using "0" instead of "undef" from within perl is dirty, IMHO.

Anyway, my point was really just that if every bit of code does this
kind of thing itself. The codebase gets hard to manage.

No, we just need a couple of helper functions for those cases.
Not a big deal :).

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/