Re: Gtk docs ...

"D vid" wrote:

Hi all ,

I have searched my whole hard drive to find this documentation called Gtk::reference and Gtk::cookbook and
it's nowhere to be found . It looks silly to omit this kind of thing in a distribution but that happens .
What's all the more strange is that these cannot be found on CPAN as well ...
Hi,

AFAIK these files get built in the 'perl Makefile.PL && make' stage
and they get installed to /usr/lib/perl5/man/man3/Gtk::reference.3pm
and /usr/lib/perl5/man/man3/Gtk::cookbook.3pm on my machine.

Perhaps you use rpm or deb and your packages didn't provide them?

If you built the package yourself, did you have XML-Writer installed?
I reckon that the docs might not be generated unless you you have it but
this will have been reported by 'perl Makefile.PL'

The files are 313 kb and 21kb so I will not post them but have you
discovered perl-gtk-ref.pod and perl-gtk-ds.pod? They are pretty good
if you have them on your machine - I like to run pod2html on them.

HTH, Dermot