Re: super-TOPWINDOW ?

raptor unacs bg wrote:

hi,

I want my App to have several windows floating around ? Do I have to create them with 'toplevel'  i.e.

my $w1 = new Gtk::Window('toplevel');
my $w2 = new Gtk::Window('toplevel');
my $w3 = new Gtk::Window('toplevel');
.... code ...
..w1,w2,w3..show_all...

Or I have to create first one common Parent and subsequently $app->add()
all of the Gtk::Windows to them ... and if yes which is this
common-top-object ?
Hi,

I guess that it depends what you want them to be :)

There are 3 types of window that you can construct:
'toplevel', 'dialog' and 'popup' and I think that you know which of these
you want. The type value determines how this widget will interact with the
window manager but I don't know X well enough to know the effects.

Don't add() them unless you want them to appear as part of another
window.

Regards, Dermot