Re: i18n: label vs. clist title?

eichin-gtk-perl thok org wrote:

<child_name>CList:title</child_name>, two of them even (column
headings), one is <label>Property</label> and the other is
<label>Value</label>.  I also have two standalone
<label>Property Name:</label>.  These all show up in the
<translatable_strings_file>:
gchar *s = N_("Property");
gchar *s = N_("Value");
gchar *s = N_("Property Name:");
gchar *s = N_("Value:");

and from there, in the app.po file:
[...]
and from there via msgmerge, they show up in the fr.po file:
[...]
They do even appear in the app.mo file:
[...]
Attribut^ Nom de l'attribut^ Valeur^@Valeur:^@

When I run the app, however, only the standalone labels (Nom de
l'attribut and Valeur:) get translated.  The labels in the CList (the
column headings) do not.  What am I missing, or is there a bug here?
This is my first real experience with gettext and translations (I'm
only doing a high-school-french level translation as an example so I
can verify that it all works...)
Hi Mark,

The column labels are just normal labels and Glade-Perl generates them
like $widgets->{'label60'} = new Gtk::Label(_('Property'));

(Notice the _() sub that does the translation.)

There are a few reasons that the translation may not be done:

1) You have edited the UI construction class and removed the _() call
    Easy to fix - generate again or edit again.
2) The Label text doesn't have a translation - check that there is no
    trailing space and that there really is a value for it everywhere.
3) The .mo file loaded is not the latest one.
    Check the translations that actually get loaded by calling:

  use Data::Dumper; print Dumper($Glade::PerlRun::I18N);

sometime after the call to '$class->load_translations('your_app');'

The '__MO_HEADER_INFO' key will show you all the .mo details that
you set in the .po file.

HTH, Dermot