Re: more documentation patches

unix id is noiddicle.  'red' was already taken :-(

Done.

Thanks, first commit inc...

Well I used to do so, but as it's not needed for method
invocations, and we like to do it for $widget->show_all or things
of the like, it's better to do it everywhere - for 'normal'
subroutines calls (not methods), it's dangerous to do so, because
when you use "require" rather than "use" for a module for any
reason, perl will think the subroutine invocations for this
module are simply.. barewords :(.

Its funny, because when I was doing my Gtk.pm tutorial in Munich
a few months ago (3.5 hours) I spent the first 20 mins doing
basic introduction of why and how event driven apps work and
some VERY basic OO theory.

The second half is to take an application suggestion from the floor
and write that application interactively with the audience.  First
year it was a dutch auction application, this year it was a filemanager.

Last year I got the question on the line:

print(STDERR, "This is a debug line\n");

"Can you use brackets on a print statement?".

My answer is that I am a brackets fetishist :-D

Great! Is it yet partially useable, at least for the UI part?

No.  I'm doing a propper OO design for the model so the UI will
likely come last.  If you start with the UI in a non-OO form you
end up with software like pronto (http://www.muhri.net/pronto)
which is an ammazing MUA but a tad difficult to maintain.

It started small and procedural just grew features :-D

And anyway gtk-1.2 is obsolete.

Depends what you define as obsolete.  There are several Gtk.pm
applications which are providing serious customer service for
a large multi-national airline (among my clients).

Gtk-1.x's dependancies are glib and gtk.
Gtk-1.x's dependancies are more extensive.

When you are building applications to run under UNIXen which
are not GNU operating systems, the minimum installation is
important.

Thanks for your work on gtk2-perl!

You are most welcome.

Red