Re: Re: Interface with Component Tree

On 24 Sep 2001, Daniel Ruoso wrote:

I started to think about this project when I tried to use glade2perl. Maybe glade could be a first step for
the IDE, but glade2perl is not exactly object oriented. For example, when you generate the source code, it
create a file with the soubroutines for the signals, you do not have the file with the definition for each
window (and worse, it overwrites the file even if you've already defined some routines).
Explaining better: glade2perl generates a perl code from the XML file, I'm not talking about generating
code, the code will be there and will be used the way it is, the only thing is going to happen is some
subclasses of the classes that defines the components. The idea is to improve the perl Gtk library with the
capability of read a definition in the top-level component and create all the second-level components
inside it, then the third-level and so on...

Oops, mixed the names. The module i was talking about is Gtk::GladeXML. It
reads the XML and builds the widget tree at runtime. The VCL does the same.
It parses the dfm and creates the component structure.

--
 Alexander Gottwald informatik tu-chemnitz de
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723