Re: Slightly Offtopic LaTeX question

On 01/14/01 Stephen Wilhelm wrote:
Hello everyone.  I've finished converting my tutorial over to DocBook SGML
(with consideration made to upgrading to XML sometime later), and it works
great.  There is, however, one problem that I hope someone here can help
me with.

I'm using the cygnus tools to take DocBook SGML and create PDF and
PostScript files.  These tools use Jade and LaTeX to accomplish the
conversion.  Now, my screenshots are all GIF images, which LaTeX doesn't
seem to recognize as a valid image file extension, so I used convert to
create JPG files.  LaTeX seems happy, but the resulting PDF and PostScript
files look horrible (the images are very grainy, and in some cases are
blocky).

I use png images usually for screenshots in docbook docs, they are
way better then jpeg (jpeg is lossy), and you also avoid the silly
patent problems.

lupus

lupus debian org                                     debian/rules
lupus ximian com                             Monkeys do it better