Re: libgnome-perl example code broken?

Luis Villa wrote:

marvin:~$ ./applet.pl
Can't locate object method "init" via package "Gnome::Panel::AppletWidget"
at ./applet.pl line 8.

I know you dont want to hear this, but "It works for me".

Things to check, version of perl-gnome package. For me, it is in

usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-linux

and more Gnome.pm, shows
$VERSION = '0.7003';

if this is not right you hosed. I believe perl support for the Gnome
panel was added only recently

the other thing to make sure is that you are doing a

use Gnome;

at the begining. I dont think `use Gtk;' will cut it for you...

in fact, I just tried the applet.pl code with
use Gtk;

and I got the same error. My guess would be to use
use Gnome;

and you will be merry.

Regards,
Jake

--
Jake Hawkes B.Eng, (CSE)

"Kirk to Enterprise -- beam down yeoman Rand and a six-pack."