Re: Gnome-perl build problems on Debian 2.2

Hi there ....

You need the following deb's:

libzvt-dev - The Gnome zvt (zterm) widget -- development package
libzvt2 - The Gnome zvt (zterm) widget

Ok, so here's the problem, and it happens both with the newest build of it,
and also with the latest CVS build. When I go to make the gnome module
after I have build and installed the gtk and gdkimlib modules, I get the
following error:

cc -c -I/usr/include -DNEED_GNOMESUPPORT_H -I/usr/lib/gnome-libs/include
-I/usr/lib/glib/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -Dbool=char -DHAS_BOOL
-D_REENTRANT -DDEBIAN -I/usr/local/include -O2 -g    -DVERSION=\"0.7004\"
-DXS_VERSION=\"0.7004\" -fPIC -I/usr/lib/perl5/5.005/i386-linux/CORE
-DGNOME_HVER=0x010208 -DPERL_POLLUTE -DNEW_GNOME -DGTK_HVER=0x010208
-I../GdkImlib/blib/arch/Gtk/Gdk/ImlibImage/Install/ -Ibuild -I.
-I../blib/arch/Gtk/Install/ xs/GnomeLess.c
In file included from GnomeLess.xs:7:
build/GnomeDefs.h:22: zvt/zvtterm.h: No such file or directory

And sure enough, there is no such file. In fact, there isn't even an zvt/
directory I can find anywhere. What am I missing? I've looked for an zvt
and zvterm and zvtterm in debian as well as the gnome cvs server, but no
dice. Also, out of frustration, I simply commented out all references to
the file zvt/zvtterm.h, and I was able to get it to the final compile stage
(I'm sure it would have problems, but I was hoping it would at least
compile so I could see either way), and I get this:

LD_RUN_PATH="/usr/lib:/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib" cc -o
blib/arch/auto/Gnome/Gnome.so  -shared -L/usr/local/lib xs/GnomeLess.o
xs/GnomeDruid.o xs/GnomeMDI.o xs/GnomeMDIGenericChild.o xs/GnomeIconEntry.o
xs/GnomeAnimator.o xs/GtkClock.o xs/GnomeDEntryEdit.o xs/GnomeCanvas.o
xs/GnomeCanvasImage.o xs/GnomePixmapEntry.o xs/GnomeCanvasText.o
xs/GnomeStock.o xs/GnomeCanvasPolygon.o xs/GnomeCanvasLine.o
xs/GnomeIconList.o xs/GnomeHRef.o xs/GnomeDruidPageStandard.o
xs/GnomeCanvasGroup.o xs/GtkDial.o xs/GnomeLamp.o xs/GnomeCanvasEllipse.o
xs/GnomeGeometry.o xs/GtkTed.o xs/GnomeDialogUtil.o xs/GnomeScores.o
xs/GnomePixmap.o xs/GnomeDockItem.o xs/GnomeDruidPageFinish.o
xs/GnomeAppBar.o xs/GnomeFontSelector.o xs/GnomePaperSelector.o
xs/GnomeNumberEntry.o xs/GnomeAbout.o xs/GnomeColorPicker.o
xs/GnomeMDIChild.o xs/GnomeClient.o xs/GnomeDockLayout.o xs/GnomeSpell.o
xs/Gnome.o xs/GnomeCanvasWidget.o xs/GnomeApp.o xs/GnomeDock.o
xs/GtkPixmapMenuItem.o xs/GnomeDruidPageStart.o xs/GnomeDateEdit.o
xs/GnomeDNS.o xs/ZvtTerm.o xs/GnomeCalculator.o xs/GnomeCanvasRect.o
xs/GnomeCanvasItem.o xs/GnomePropertyBox.o xs/GnomeMessageBox.o
xs/GnomeIconSelection.o xs/GnomeDialog.o xs/GnomeICE.o xs/GnomeRootWin.o
xs/GnomeFileEntry.o xs/GnomeEntry.o xs/GnomeCanvasRE.o xs/GnomeFontPicker.o
xs/GnomeDruidPage.o xs/GnomeDockBand.o build/GnomeDefs.o    -L/usr/lib
-L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgnomeui -lart_lgpl -lgdk_imlib -lgnome -lgnomesupport
-lesd -laudiofile -ldb -lzvt -lutil -lSM -lICE -lgtk -lgdk -lgmodule -lglib
-ldl -lXi -lXext -lX11 -lm
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ldb
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

What does this db come from, and what do I need for it as well? I know
these are sort of newbieish questions, but I couldn't find any docs on what
this required that I didn't already have in spades. Anyway, and help is
appreciated.