Dynamic Dialog generation

Hello

     I've been trying to emulate the functionality of a CGI program through the
Perl interface to Glade. I think, however, I'm approaching this wrongly...

     I want an application to have the ability to display a dialog box, with,
for example, one input box and two checkboxes. If the user entered 7 into the
input box and checked both of the boxes, I would like then to be able to
display a subsequent dialog box which contained seven pairs of input boxes.
i.e. the contents of the second dialog box is dependent on the values entered to
the first. Of course, I'd then like to tie the values entered to the second
dialog box via callbacks to the original application.

    I started by designing an application in Glade, and then (I'm ashamed to
admit) I took a sample Glade XML file and then hacked it into pieces with a text
editor, then re-constructed an XML file whose content was governed by the values
entered in the first dialog. Then I used
Glade::PerlGenerate->Form_from_Glade_File which actually created me the dialog
box I sought. However, all my attempts to connect any signals associated with
this dialog box to my application came to nought.

   Realising that my inelegant hack was perhaps best left alone, I have decided
to solicit any suggestion from this list.

Bob
--
The chief enemy of creativity is "good" sense -- Picasso