Re: [gtk-osx-users] GTK with Quartz backend

Il 08/01/21 alle 20:33, John Ralls ha scritto:
On Jan 8, 2021, at 10:32 AM, Valerio Messina via gtk-osx-users-list <gtk-osx-users-list gnome org> wrote:

hi,
I'm new on macOS things, so sorry for obvious questions.

I just installed (on Denbian10) the osxcross cross-compiler, then macports and its GTK libs (header and
dylib).
I successfully cross-compiled a simple GTK2 app that use Cairo, using dynamic linking.

Then made a bash script that package the binary with its dependencies, and change all to point to
@executable_path

The GTK2 from macports is generated with Xserver backend, thus require Xquarts on the mac to work.

I cannot find everywhere a prebuild GTK with Quartz backend.
Where can I download a precompiled (plus headers and pc files) GTK (2 and 3) for Quartz?
This save me to cross-build the GTK itself, I think can be really complicate.

First of all, you're on the wrong list. This list isn't a generic Gtk on macOS list, it's for supporting
https://wiki.gnome.org/action/show/Projects/GTK/OSX?action=show&redirect=Projects%2FGTK%2B%2FOSX.

As far as I know there is no binary distribution of the Gtk2 (or 3 or 4 for that matter) stack for macOS,
Quartz or X11. It's also not possible to cross-compile for the Quartz backend because that requires a macOS
SDK, something available only on Mac computers running macOS.

I read in a mailing list (not the one of osxcross) that some do not use Apple hardware as an European court would consider it a vexatious clause, and therefore that software related clause should only be applied in the USA. Anyway should be always possible legally cross-compile from Linux on Apple HW.

I found the list googling, and from its name: