Re: [gtk-osx-users] Annual Updates

On Apr 5, 2021, at 8:21 PM, Philip Chimento <philip chimento gmail com> wrote:

On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 6:13 PM John Ralls <jralls ceridwen us> wrote:
I tried upgrading gtk-osx-javascript, but building current spidermonkey requires autoconf-2.13. There's no
doubt a way to get it installed but it's not something I care enough about to spend a day on, so if anyone
wants gcj updated, do a merge request.

IIRC, if you build spidermonkey from the tarball, you don't actually need autoconf-2.13, although
frustratingly it does check for it only to subsequently not use it. You can get around this by setting the
environment variable AUTOCONF=autoconf.

Thanks, that works. There were other issues so I wound up wasting a day on it after all, only to get this
when I tried to build gjs-1.68.0

../../src/gjs-1.68.0/gjs/coverage.cpp:22:10: fatal error: 'js/experimental/CodeCoverage.h' file not found
#include <js/experimental/CodeCoverage.h>  // for EnableCodeCoverage

There is no such file in Firefox 78. There's a js/vm/CodeCoverage.h in source, but it isn't installed; to
even build code coverage in spidermonkey you have to --enable-code-coverage, but that didn't work because the
linker couldn't find the _llvm_lcov_* symbols.

I can push what I've got so far and you can finish up getting it to work.

On the other hand is there really a compelling case for building gjs on macs?