Re: [gtk-osx-users] Annual Updates

On Apr 6, 2021, at 1:25 AM, Andrius Rinkevicius <andriusrin gmail com> wrote:

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 4:13 AM John Ralls <jralls ceridwen us> wrote:
I'm preparing the annual updates to the stable packages and in the process I'm making some changes that
could break build scripts and jhbuildrc-custom:

I haven't pushed any of this yet so if there are any objections now is the time to raise them!

Hi John,
I would like to suggest to change a bit enchant build module - to build native Apple spellchecker instead
of ispell and myspell it is currently buiding. I do not have any objections to continue to build ispell or
myspell, however, in order to enable its functionality one has to add external dictionaries somehow (I
never tried), while applespell works out of the box and uses native Apple spellchecker.
Gedit is already doing this, and its enchant module is:

<autotools id="enchant" autogenargs="--disable-myspell --disable-ispell">
    <branch module="1.6.0/enchant-1.6.0.tar.gz" version="1.6.0" repo="abisource/enchant">
      <patch file="enchant/enchant-gsize.patch" strip="1"/>
      <patch file="enchant/enchant-applespell.patch" strip="1"/>
      <patch file="enchant/enchant-relocatable.patch" strip="1"/>
    </branch>
    <dependencies>
      <dep package="glib"/>
    </dependencies>
  </autotools>

There is one extra patch for applespell, and enchant-relocatable.patch is a bit different to what is
available on gtk-osx repository. I have confirmed, gedit version works!

Andrius,

Sure, no problem. How about a PR on https://github.com/jralls/gtk-osx-build or
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk-osx?