Re: [gtk-osx-users] Annual Updates

On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 6:13 PM John Ralls <jralls ceridwen us> wrote:
I tried upgrading gtk-osx-_javascript_, but building current spidermonkey requires autoconf-2.13. There's no doubt a way to get it installed but it's not something I care enough about to spend a day on, so if anyone wants gcj updated, do a merge request.

IIRC, if you build spidermonkey from the tarball, you don't actually need autoconf-2.13, although frustratingly it does check for it only to subsequently not use it. You can get around this by setting the environment variable AUTOCONF=autoconf.

Philip