Re: [gtk-osx-users] Correct way to build a 10.8+ compatible GTK version with xcode8

I can confirm that compling with xcode8 tools moving the deployment target from 10.8 to 10.9, but still using 10.12 sdk, works.

On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 2:42 PM, Christoph Reiter <reiter christoph gmail com> wrote:
On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 2:26 PM, Gabriele Greco <gabrielegreco gmail com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I recently updated to 10.12 and xcode8, I've seen that this version of xcode
> does not allow the use of older SDKs.
>
> I've tried to add a 10.8 SDK inside xcode8 bundle, extracted from xcode5,
> and to specify in .jhbuild-custom:
>
> setup_sdk(target="10.8", sdk_version="10.8", architectures=[_default_arch])
>
> ... but jhbuild failed on the bootstrap stage at the first package, since it
> seems that the newer clang compiler is unable to build working code with
> older sdks...

Have you updated the xcode command line tools as well?

I've recently hit similar problems with 10.12 targeting 10.9 where some things
no longer run on <10.12 (Python for example) and cli tools was mentioned
multiple times for when the build itself fails.

I've reverted back to 10.11 for now...

--
Bye,
 Gabry