Re: [gtk-osx-users] Correct way to build a 10.8+ compatible GTK version with xcode8

On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 2:26 PM, Gabriele Greco <gabrielegreco gmail com> wrote:
Hi guys,

I recently updated to 10.12 and xcode8, I've seen that this version of xcode
does not allow the use of older SDKs.

I've tried to add a 10.8 SDK inside xcode8 bundle, extracted from xcode5,
and to specify in .jhbuild-custom:

setup_sdk(target="10.8", sdk_version="10.8", architectures=[_default_arch])

... but jhbuild failed on the bootstrap stage at the first package, since it
seems that the newer clang compiler is unable to build working code with
older sdks...

Have you updated the xcode command line tools as well?

I've recently hit similar problems with 10.12 targeting 10.9 where some things
no longer run on <10.12 (Python for example) and cli tools was mentioned
multiple times for when the build itself fails.

I've reverted back to 10.11 for now...