[gtk-osx-users] Mac keysyms?

I've been trying to intercept and respond to Alt-w in a gtk-quartz applications -- without success until today, when I finally thought to print to stderr the keysym I was getting. Turns out it is 16785937 decimal (0x1002211), the summation sign (Sigma), also known as Unicode U+2211.

Aha, yes, Alt-letter in Macspeak turns into special characters ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Option_key ). But can anyone tell me, is there a symbolic name for this anywhere in GDK? I can't find anything relevant in the GDK headers.

--
Allin Cottrell
Department of Economics