Re: [gtk-osx-users] Building on PPC fails

Hi John!

>>  I added the line
>>
>>  autogenargs = autogenargs + ' --disable-cups'
>>
>>  to ~/.jhbuildrc-custom, re-configured and re-built the module and now it
> compiles through to the end.
>
> Tiger provides a version of cups that's too old. That's mentioned in the
> build instructions on GnomeLive.

Yes, I am going by these instructions.

> If you disable cups, then your users won't
> be able to print, so you should add a module to your project to build a more
> recent cups.

Ok, any hint on how such a module could look like?

> Interesting side-note: Apple seems to have become the principal developer of
> cups, and the OSX 10.8 developer release last winter included development
> snapshots that broke Gtk.

Too bad. In general, Gtk on MacOSX could really need some help.

Back to the build on PPC/Leopard for the 10.4u SDK.  meta-gtk-osx-core builds now, but when I start gtk-demo the following gets printed and the application terminates after a couple of seconds without any window ever opened:

**
Pango:ERROR:pangocairo-fontmap.c:79:pango_cairo_font_map_new: code should not be reached
Abort trap

The corresponding lines in pangocairo-fontmap.c:79 are:

PangoFontMap *
pango_cairo_font_map_new (void)
{
  /* Make sure that the type system is initialized */
  g_type_init ();

#if defined(HAVE_CORE_TEXT) && defined (HAVE_CAIRO_QUARTZ)
  return g_object_new (PANGO_TYPE_CAIRO_CORE_TEXT_FONT_MAP, NULL);
#elif defined(HAVE_CAIRO_WIN32)
  return g_object_new (PANGO_TYPE_CAIRO_WIN32_FONT_MAP, NULL);
#elif defined(HAVE_CAIRO_FREETYPE)
  return g_object_new (PANGO_TYPE_CAIRO_FC_FONT_MAP, NULL);
#else
  g_assert_not_reached ();
  return NULL;
#endif