Re: [Gtk-osx-users] Crash on "Quit" in menu.

I can see that you are not much for C#, thats fine.

My patch is no more a no-op than other gtk_*_new, and many don't do anything, like GtkEntry:
--
GtkWidget*
gtk_entry_new (void)

Yes i realize that my problem is with mono, actually with all virtual languages. I can see the people using Python have the same problems, that "NSApplication terminate" is calling exit. So they don't have time to cleanup. Sorry if I wasted your time.

Thanks for making the bug report.

/Mikkel

tir, 12 04 2011 kl. 07:03 -0700, skrev John Ralls:
On Apr 12, 2011, at 1:21 AM, Mikkel Kruse Johnsen wrote:

> Hi John
>
> Gtk# is a wrap of Gtk+ that works for both Linux, Windows and Mac and is used by many apps, like banshee, f-spot etc.
>
> I'm not asking you to support C# and the patch is not C# specific. It's just a "gtk_osxapplication_new" function, like all other Gtk libraries has a "gtk_*_new" function.
>
> Hope you will still take a look at the extra apple menu problem, thanks.

Gtk# is an external project -- not hosted on git.gnome.org. Yes, it's true that gtk-osx isn't, either, but I'm supposed to be integrating that into gtk proper. I've just had to much to do with Gnucash to do anything about it yet.

Yes, other Gtk classes have new functions, but those do something. Your patch is a no-op function.  What's the point?

And since your crash dump pretty clearly shows that mono is the source of the crash, why did you bring it here?

Of course I'll look into the extra-apple problem. I've added https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gtk-osx/ticket/53 to track it (and so I don't forget).