Re: [Gtk-osx-users] Crash on "Quit" in menu.

Hi John

Gtk# is a wrap of Gtk+ that works for both Linux, Windows and Mac and is used by many apps, like banshee, f-spot etc.

I'm not asking you to support C# and the patch is not C# specific. It's just a "gtk_osxapplication_new" function, like all other Gtk libraries has a "gtk_*_new" function.

Hope you will still take a look at the extra apple menu problem, thanks.

--
Med Venlig Hilsen / Kind Regards

Mikkel Kruse Johnsen
IT Ansvarlig, Medejer

Structura IT ApS
Kratbjerg 212
3480 Fredensborg

Telefon: +45 4816 1001
Telefax: +45 4824 5320
Direkte: +45 2128 7793
e-mail: mikkel structura-it dk

man, 11 04 2011 kl. 13:27 -0700, skrev John Ralls:
On Apr 11, 2011, at 12:50 PM, Mikkel Kruse Johnsen wrote:

> Hi John
>
> Ahh, "gtk_application_set_use_quartz_accelerators" did the trick, now cmd-q works. Thanks
>
> I don't see the "NSApplicationShouldTerminate" you talk about, is it not in GtkOSXApplication ?
>
> I have attached the report, but I can see that the test program I send you, don't have a problem when quitting. So it must be Mono that has the problem.
>
> As you can see I use Mono on Mac and I wrap the GtkOSXApplication. Could you add the attached patch for easier wrapping to C# !!

NSApplicationShouldTerminate is the name of the notification that OSX sends; GNSApplicationDelegate receives it and in turn emits the NSApplicationBlockTermination event.

I don't think that it's a good idea to wrap Gtk inside of Mono (or vice-versa). Use one or the other.

And no, neither Gtk nor OSX support C#, so I'm not going to, either. Sorry.