Re: [Gtk-osx-users] Spice modulesets

On Apr 25, 2011, at 8:29 PM, Cliff Sharp wrote:

> Spice is remote desktop software for Linux.
> It already is written to use X11 and GTK.
>
> I am porting it to OSX and iOS
> I thought that the gtk-osx project would give me a head start with Quartz but it would be better to use OpenGL regardless.

Ah. Completely diffferent.
You're actually trying to build Spice-gtk (http://gitorious.org/spice-gtk/spice-gtk/trees/master/gtk), right? Looks doable except for audio. OSX and Linux have quite different sound architectures, so you'll have your work cut out getting that done.

I don't think that you'll be successful getting Apple to let you put a Gtk+ app on the iTunes Store for your iPad. I saw some archived emails indicating some folks are working on a Cocoa implementation of Spice Client. That has a better chance of getting accepted (it's also likely to work better on both OSX and iOS), so perhaps you should join that effort.