Re: [Gtk-osx-users] Spice modulesets

Good suggestions.

My plan is to get Spice Client working on OSX with as little changes as possible for Phase One. That means using Gtk and X11 as it is now in Spice Client since both of these already work on OSX. In other words, just to port it to Darwin. For this phase I would not Cocoa'ize it. I am ASSUMING since OSX is Unix (Darwin) under the covers this would not be that difficult - of course I don't know how true or not this is.

Then Phase Two would be to replace/port Gtk/X11, sound, and whatever else to work on OSX. Using OpenGL, Core Audio, etc - Cocoa'ize it.

Phase Three would be to then get Phase Two working on iOS.

To date I have most of the Spice dependent libraries at least building under Darwin. I am having more difficulty getting the alsa-lib software building on Darwin.

I have not found anyone working on a Cocoa version of Spice Client. Can you let me know who these people might be? Thanks

What do you think?