Re: [Gtk-osx-users] Failure while building gtk+

On Sep 15, 2010, at 8:46 PM, Richard Procter wrote:

> On 16/09/2010, at 3:03 PM, John Ralls wrote:
>
>> A big part of the problem seems to be that gobject-introspection
>> isn't really stable. Perhaps it's too soon for modulesets-stable to
>> use it. From a Gtk-OSX standpoint, it's useful only for PyGtk... so
>> what do you guys think? Should I pull it and go back to --enable-
>> introspection=no for a while in stable?
>
> That's certainly my impression. I don't feel I know enough to offer a
> sound judgment on whether it should be in -stable or not. Disabling
> the new introspection stuff is fine by me, though. My understanding
> is its the next big thing in GTK bindings and will obviate the need
> for PyGTK and I'm not using it at the moment as far as I am aware.

As I understand it it won't obsolete PyGtk, but it will make it much easier to maintain. For our purposes, though, that's irrelevant. I'll reinstate --enable-introspection=no in modulesets-stable and modulesets. If someone wants bleeding edge (like me when I'm writing gtk-quartz code), that's what modulesets-unstable is for.