Re: [Gtk-osx-users] Issues with non-Latin keyboards

On May 3, 2010, at 11:08 AM, John Ralls wrote:

> On May 3, 2010, at 10:42 AM, F Wolff wrote:
>
> Ah, so you're using a normal Apple keyboard, and just changing the layouts in Language & Text / International, is that right? (Oh, I forgot to ask what version of OSX?)
>
> Hmm. Looks like one needs to set $GTK_IM_MODULE somehow, but a cursory google doesn't show clearly to what it should be set. (This would be something handled in Linux by the Gnome desktop infrastructure which doesn't exist in Gtk-OSX, so we'll have to work out something else.) Do you know where the input modules live and how to set that variable?

A little more searching finds that you must pass "--with-included-immodules=yes" to configure for gtk+, so add the following to your .jhbuildrc-custom:

append_autogenargs("gtk+", "--with-input-modules=yes")

and run

jhbuild buildone --force gtk+

That will get you the included input modules. If you need any of the other contributed modules, you'll want to look at http://gtk-im-extra.sourceforge.net/.