[Gtk-osx-users] glib error

Hello. I am new to using this program (and programming in general). I have be trying to install gtk on my Mac (OSX 10.6.3). when I run the build meta-gtk-osx-core command, I end up getting this error:

gconvert.c:52:2: error: #error GNU libiconv not in use but included iconv.h is from libiconv
gconvert.c: In function ‘g_iconv_open’:
gconvert.c:124: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘!’ token
make[4]: *** [gconvert.lo] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

What exactly is going wrong?  Thanks for any info.

Andrew Darragh