Re: [Gtk-osx-users] ige-mac-integration for inkscape aqua

On Feb 14, 2010, at 10:56 AM, Wolf Drechsel wrote:

> Hello friends,
>
> I tried to build inkscape aqua in a macports environment and got some
> quite nice results. Now one job is to map the ctrl key to cmd - AFAIK
> ige-mac-integration will do that job, and some other things.
>
> I installed the ige-mac-integration package using macports and
> recompiled inkscape. I ended up with a working .app - but it doesnt
> behave any different - still acts on e.g. ctrl-O instead of cmd-O
>
> As I know extremely little about programming and didnt find a lot of
> doku on ige-mac-integration: Is it enough just to install ige-mac-
> integration in the macports environment - and than recompile inkscape
> - or ist there someting else to do?
>
> I'd be grateful for any hint
>
> Thanks and greetings,

Sorry, ige-mac-integration isn't supported in the MacPorts environment, only in the Gtk-OSX native environment. Also, ige-mac-integration is a library, not a plug in. You must be able to understand the workings of the target program well enough to modify it to use ige-mac-integration. Since you know "extremely little about programming", your chances of succeeding are only slightly better than nil.