Re: [Gtk-osx-users] Problems building lablgtk

On Dec 1, 2010, at 3:40 PM, Quentin Pré wrote:

> Hi,
> I freshly installed gtk-osx on my Snow Leopard, everything worked fine,
>
> I'm now trying to build lablgtk2 on my system, but when I'm using "./configure" outside jhbuild shell I get a GTK+ not found (maybe is it normal, but i added my gtk-prefix to my path),
> when trying in a jhbuild shell, i get no error at configuring but when compiling i get an error with "-lGLU not found",
>
> I'm pretty sure it's just a few thing i forgot to do, if anyone as an idea...ty!

Well, as you figured out, you need jhbuild to set up the environment for you before doing anything manually. That's mentioned on the build page, so I guess you forgot to read it carefully.

The other obvious thing you forgot to do is to build libGLU, whatever that is. I guess it's a failure of lablgtk2's configure script that they don't check for it up front.

Oh yeah, one more thing: You forgot to subscribe to the mailing list before trying to post.