Re: [Gtk-osx-users] Selecting Python installation for PyGtk

On Nov 14, 2010, at 5:43 PM, Ian Bell wrote:

All,

Got pygtk to build without problems on 10.6 Snow Leopard by following the instructions from https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gtk-osx/wiki/PyGtk

I ran the terminal commands:

jhbuild bootstrap --ignore-system
jhbuild build meta-gtk-osx-bootstrap
jhbuild build meta-gtk-osx-core
jhbuild build meta-gtk-osx-python

and the last few lines of my .jhbuildrc-custom file looks like:

build_policy = "updated-deps"
setup_sdk("10.6", "10.6", ["i386"])
_gtk_osx_use_jhbuild_python=True
append_autogenargs("python", "--with-universal-archs=32-bit --enable-universalsdk=/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk")

and I went through the Python unpacking step and everything seemed to be working. But when I run python (with all the different versions on my computer)

import pygtk

fails. I can see that the PyGtk is hiding in ~/gtk . How do I get the pygtk files to be found by my Python installation so that I can sucessfully use PyGtk on OSX?

Just as a guess, you need to start by learning Python. Go read up on $PYTHON_PATH.