Re: [Gtk-osx-users] menu synchronisation

2010/4/2 John Ralls <jralls ceridwen fremont ca us>:
> No. The section between 909 and 927 adjusts the index if a menu item addition or deletion has caused the index to be off by one.
> But changing the checked state during synchronization wouldn't do what you want anyway, because you don't call ige-mac-menu-sync in the menu event handlers. You call it when you've changed the menu layout by adding, deleting, or hiding a menu item.

ok, something I misunderstood then. I also call it when I change the
state of a check menu item.

I work on bluefish, an editor, which has a multi-document interface.
Each document may have different options (e.g. 'wrap'). So whenever
the user switches documents, I need to sync for example the
Document->Wrap menu state.

How do I do this with ige-mac-integration?

> What you want is for carbon_menu_item_update_active to be called during event handling. It is, at line 530, in carbon_menu_item_notify, which is a callback function registered at line 574 in carbon_menu_item_connect. The problem is likely to be that the pspec->name received in carbon_menu_item_notify isn't "active" when your GtkCheckMenuItem is clicked, so that's the first thing to debug on.

When it is clicked it is synchronised correctly. It is not
synchronised when the state is changed without clicking.

Olivier