Re: [Gtk-osx-users] menu synchronisation

On Mar 31, 2010, at 11:41 PM, Olivier Sessink wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm having some issues with the menu synchronisation. The correct menu
> options are all there, but the state of radio menu items and toggle
> menu items are not synchronised. Is this a known issue? How can I
> debug this?

First study ige-mac-integration/src/ige-mac-menu.c so that you understand how the events operate on checked menu items. (The handler function is "carbon_menu_update_active", and it's called at the end of carbon_menu_item_create and by the carbon_menu_notify signal handler). You can either compile ige-mac-integration and your application for debugging and use gdb breakpoints or you can add some g_prints in the appropriate places to see if update_active is getting called when you think that it should and that it's actually operating on the CarbonMenuItem.

Do note that Carbon doesn't directly support radio menus, but since Gtk+ implements them as radio groups of GtkCheckedMenuItems, the carbon_menu_update_active should work.

At this point I don't actually know if this code works. It isn't exercised by the test program, but I'll add it to the Cocoa version that I'm working on for the next release.