Re: [Gtk-osx-users] menu synchronisation

On Apr 4, 2010, at 9:04 AM, Olivier Sessink wrote:

> ok, the other issues:
>
> - Bluefish has plugins. All menu items created by the plugins show up
> empty for some reason. Debugging shows that get_menu_label_text()
> returns NULL for those entries. I don't understand why.
>
> - Bluefish may use multiple windows. If I open a second windows and
> issue <ctrl><f> (find) the find dialog opens on top of the first
> window. If I close the first window, the menu is gone.

Debug a bit deeper into get_menu_label_text and find_menu_label and make sure that the widget that's getting passed to them does in fact have a label attached to it.

For multiple windows, you need to call ige_mac_menu_set_menu_bar on each window's GtkMenuBar after you create it. Ige_mac_menu will set up the signal handler so that the menu follows the focus. See my second message on April 2 for details about the bug with ige_mac_menu_set_app_menu_item, which will cause the app_menu "quit" item to stop working. Also, if you use the stock menu items (or actions, if you're using GtkUIBuilder), they'll magically change from (e.g.) ctrl-F to cmd-F, which is what Mac users expect.