Re: [Gtk-osx-users] failed glib build on 10.6

On Sep 10, 2009, at 5:37 PM, Richard Jones wrote:

> I have no Fink, DarwinPorts, MacPorts or similar environment set up.
> My system is an upgrade from Leopard. I had installed Python 2.6 (a
> 32-bit build) under Leopard using the installer from python.org and
> that remains the active python 2.6 on the system (Snow Leopard
> upgrade did not overwrite it). I have some things installed in /usr/
> local/ but I don't believe any of it is relevant. Other than that I
> cannot think of anything that would affect the build of glib, yet
> when I run "jhbuild build meta-gtk-osx-core" I get the attached
> output.
>
> Please advise if there's any other information that would help debug
> this problem.

Did you run jhbuild bootstrap and jhbuild build meta-gtk-osx-bootstrap
before attempting to jhbuild build meta-gtk-osx-core?
Other than that, does `which gcc` report /usr/bin/gcc, and /usr/bin/
gcc point to /usr/bin/gcc-4.2?

Is this an absolutely clean start on 10.6,  or might there be
leftovers from 10.5?

Gatomic.c has a bunch of assembly routines. While %rdx isn't mentioned
explicitly in the source file, it might be something mis-generated
somewhere. Just to be sure that /usr/local doesn't have anything
strange and that there are no leftovers, try the following:

$ rm -rf ~/gtk
$ export PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:~/.local/bin
$ jhbuild bootstrap
$ jhbuild build meta-gtk-osx-bootstrap meta-gtk-osx-core