Re: [Gtk-osx-users] Build python ige-mac-integration binding

On Jul 15, 2009, at 1:32 PM, Gertwin Groen wrote:

> L.s.,
>
> I managed to build the gtk-os with pygtk bindings.
> It works all well, even ige-mac-integration in c apps.
> But I have some problems building the python bindings for ige-mac-
> integration.
>
> A makefile is created in
> "~/gtk/source/ige-mac-integration-0.8.4/bindings/python" but when
> calling make is generates an error:
>
> (				\
> 	    --register /gdk-types.defs	\
> 	    --register /gtk-types.defs	\
> 	    --override igemacintegration.override			\
> 	    --prefix igemacintegration igemacintegration.defs) >
> gen-igemacintegration.c			\
> 	&& cp gen-igemacintegration.c igemacintegration.c			\
> 	&& rm -f gen-igemacintegration.c
> /bin/sh: --register: command not found
> make: *** [igemacintegration.c] Error 127
>
> Can someone tell me how to build the python bindings for ige-mac-
> integration?

This is a bit of a pain, but the drill is that you have to build ige-
mac-integration twice. It gets built the first time as part of meta-
gtk-osx-bootstrap, but after you build pygtk, you have build it again.
Just run jhbuild buildone ige-mac-integration and configure should
notice that pygtk is present and enable python for you. If it doesn't,
add
append_autogenargs("ige-mac-integration", "--enable-python=yes")
to your .jhbuildrc-custom and run jhbuild buildone ige-mac-integration
again.

As a general rule, you can't run make directly on subdirectory
Makefiles in an sutotools project. They're dependent on the correct
environment being passed in to them from the root-directory Makefile.