Re: [Gtk-osx-users] gtk-osx-users lists sourceforge net

On Jul 15, 2009, at 5:26 AM, Ingolf Schäfer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am just tinkering around with GTK on OS X. Is there any way to set
> to locale for GTK apps correctly? I guess there should be some config
> variable in $HOME.
>
> Does anyone a have an idea how to do this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Ingolf

Never tried, but I'd guess that you'd do it just like in Linux: Set
LC_ALL to whatever locale you want, though there's a bug report on
gnome not respecting environment variables and instead depending on /
etc/environment. There may also be some gnome or gettext tool that
we're not building.

Remember, though, that you need to either be in a .jhbuild shell
(plust $PATH) or to have set up an equivalent environment in a launch
script of some sort in order to run gtk-osx applications. Take that
into account when adjusting the environment.