Re: [Gtk-osx-users] Build python ige-mac-integration binding

On Jul 16, 2009, at 1:16 PM, Gertwin Groen wrote:

> Hello John,
>
> Thank you, after adding append_autogenargs("ige-mac-integration",
> "--enable-python=yes") to my .jhbuildrc-custom and calling jhbuild
> buildone ige-mac-integration the python module was build.
> It installed in ~/gtk/inst/lib/python2.5/site-packages, pygtk was
> installed in /Library/Python/2.5/site-packages.
>
> I try to run the test-integration.py file but this gives an error:
>
> ./test-integration.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "./test-integration.py", line 82, in <module>
>    window = MainWindow()
>  File "./test-integration.py", line 44, in __init__
>    macmenu.set_menu_bar(menubar)
>  File "/Users/gertwin/gtk/inst/lib/python2.5/site-packages/
> igemacintegration/__init__.py",
> line 32, in set_menu_bar
>    ige_mac_menu_set_menu_bar(menubar)
> NameError: global name 'ige_mac_menu_set_menu_bar' is not defined
>
> looks like the library _igemacintegration.so is not loaded.
>
> Can you give me a hint how to resolve this?
>
> Regards,
> Gertwin

I'd love to, but I haven't a clue. Python is not yet one of my
stronger languages.
ISTM, though, that if _igemacintegrations.so weren't getting loaded it
would report that up where it imports it. Mightn't it be that
ige_mac_menu_set_menu_bar() isn't getting into the global namespace?