Re: [gtk-osx-devel] Problem with dialog box icons

On Feb 8, 2014, at 11:13 AM, Jim Charlton <jim jimc dyndns org> wrote:

On 14-02-02 04:49 PM, John Ralls wrote:
On Feb 1, 2014, at 8:19 PM, John Ralls <jralls ceridwen us> wrote:

On Feb 1, 2014, at 3:50 PM, Jim Charlton <jim jimc dyndns org> wrote:

I edited the offending line in gtkselection.c to "return FALSE;" and then meta-gtk-osx-gtk3 built just
fine.

jim...
Good. My faith in you is restored. ;-)

I'll try to get that fixed, backported, and patched tomorrow.
Matthias Classen fixed it right *after* releasing 3.10.7. I’ve added his change set as a patch so builds
should be automatic. Those who already have a 3.10.7 checkout will need to stop the build and pick “6:
wipe directory and start over” to apply the patch.

Regards,
John Ralls

A follow-up on the problem of missing MeassageDialog icons.  Even with the new patches (gtk+-3.10.7
gtkmm-3.10.1), I could not get the icons to appear.  I was building and using meta-gtk-osx-gtk3 and
meta-gtk-osx-gtkmm3.  No icons.  I then added 'jhbuild build meta-gtk-osx-core-themes.  After that,
compiling my test code containing

Gtk::MessageDialog dialog("Dialog message", FALSE, Gtk::MESSAGE_WARNING, Gtk::BUTTONS_CLOSE);
dialog.run();

gave a black and white 'dialog-warning' icon.  Not great.... but good enough.

That's the new default Gnome theme icon. You can in theory get a different icon by setting a theme, but
you'll want to bundle the theme with your app if you want to pass it on to your users.

Regards,
John Ralls